27/01/2012

Shooting Jakes

Today I finished the majority of my shooting. In the great school's conference room, which looks a lot like a large bland cupboard with a big table in it. With the paintings taken down it would look more like a bland room that could possibly harbor a murderer being interviewed by a detective.

The room was really good, we had to get rid of some paintings on the walls, but after that it looked really great. As bland as it could be, with nothing more than wall nails to disrupt the bland-ocity. The chairs in the room were a bit annoying, but we got past them without any trouble. Only having to move them to the opposite side of the room that we were shooting in. A trophy cupboard in the corner of the room was a big obstacle for shooting as it meant I couldn't shoot towards that side of the room. Although the one shot that does have the trophy cupboard in is out of focus, which I'll got into why when I've finished it and given my reasons for why I set the shots up.


This was what Jake's face looked like. The blood we made was a lot better than yesterday's batch. It actually looked red this time and didn't crystallize when it got heated up by my arm. I really liked the way that the make-up looked after it had dried up a bit. It kept it's redness, and also because of it having constant heating it gradually moved down Jake's face until it dried up. I got the kind of splattery effect by using a spoon and just splattering the fake blood at Jake's left side. I pretty much did the same thing to get the shirt a bit bloody aswell. I thought the look was quite realistic, which was pretty lucky for how little preparation I'd put in to getting the blood looking good.

The shots have turned out great, all the shots I wanted to get; I got. Plus some extra ones on top. My only worries are that the smooth panning shots that I have got, aren't as smooth as they seem to be. Even if this is the case, I have shot everything in 1080p, which will still be able to be in HD after I have stabilised the shots in After Effects.

Overall the majority shoot was brill. Got everything needed, and some extras. The make-up was great, the room was great, the acting was great (even though most of the audio will be done in overdubs.

No comments:

Post a Comment