28/01/2012

The Andes

Today I did the final shots of the movie, quite quick and mostly done improvised. We went to the Rhettham Nature Reserve, I took Andy Heard, whom I was employing the services of to play Geoffrey; Jason's latest victim. The name isn't really important, it was more of a joke than anything. If the film was made, Andy's name would be beside Geoffrey just as a little in joke, but if anything the character is more of a device to get the audience to be more feared of Jason.


As you can see, Andy is another great addition to the crazy people in this movie. Andy didn't have that much acting experience other than primary school plays, but now? That is an entirely different blogpost. The acting required for today's shoot wasn't much more than running and looking tired, which isn't exactly hard to do at the same time. Andy's input into the shoot today was unexpected, he helped with producing more shots and additions to the shots I had planned to shoot. With the style I have tried with directing which involves not saying very much and letting the actors produce their own interpretations of what I want them to do. Even though the acting on Andy's part wasn't very much, I still felt that it was very good with what the shots are going to be in the context of the two minutes.

The shots I got were great. We did the same shot of the side of Andy's face whilst running in 4 different backgrounds at Rhettham. The first shot was a bit edgy but it was only the first one to get an idea of how everything worked and how to get the best results. I'm happy with the shots I got, and I think are going to really add to the energy of the two minutes. I plan to use the shots of Andy in a way that will give a jump.

No comments:

Post a Comment