26/03/2012

Audience Feedback

So we showed most of people's work to the class last and here's the feedback I got from it;



"Really effective narration - good choice of varied shots. Good ident logo! :)"

"OMG- I really love it. It's amazing. Jake's acting is very convincing. Ident is very professional. Well done dear."

"Cool Ident. Really good shot selection, framing. (Steady and flowing) Love the way it flashes back. Good narration and awesome titling. Like how Jake is allways in focus and the lady opposite was out of focus. It's so good, well done! :)"

"Jake's character is scary but I like him! Love the plotline, very intriguing, keeps the audience guessing. Very effective dialogue. Love it! :)"

"The dialogue was really effective. The close up of Jake's eyes was really good, daunting."

"I didn't watch this because I have an aversion to my face and voice, but what I can say is that the script is masterfully written and assumes the voice of a real hollywood film. Titles are really slick."

"Good range of shots - the extreme close ups were especially effective. Got the audience asking lots of questions. Good use of make-up. Want to watch rest of film to find out why he's covered in blood. End was a little sudden."

"Oooh the ambience! Very enigmatic. Your protagonist is very mystic. Ok, it's really good, like the fast shots & the lighting, everything gits really well, other than some of the dubbing needs a little syncing & some noise."

"It was poo! I joke, twas very good! I think the voiceover was really effective especially over the title credits. Really want to find out what happens next! Liked the ident - looked really professional Well done!"

"Intriguing! Wants to make me watch more. Only thing is that the sound dubbing is a bit obvious. Other than that, I liked it. Well done."

"Really good. Love it :D Blood was pink!"

"I love yours. I like the eye close ups and how you didn't show everything. Is it 2 minutes? It seemed shorter but maybe because I was enjoying i! Is it you blurred in the background over the head? I liked that effect. Could you of had the title at the end after it goes black? Anyway I loved it."



I also got some feedback from a film night the Media department held at the school to show work of Yr 11 diploma students and also Yr 12 work.



"Jake has nice eyes. It was well good."

"Really good close-ups - Draws you in too with a good story."

"I was really good."



Overall I'm really happy with the feedback. Everyone seemed happy with it. The constructive comments like the dubbing being out of sync I agree with, but couldn't change them because of time constraints. People seemed to really like the idents, which I found quite surprising, as I created three different versions after the original as they were deleted off my computer all the time for some unknown reason and therefore the remakes became gradually worse and worse, but I was still happy with the final one, and especially happy that it pleased so many people.

The comments about people wanting to watch more, for me, means that I've done my work well in creating a compelling and interesting introduction to a movie. Which is what the introduction of a movie is all about, surely? All in all; I think my work is done here.

No comments:

Post a Comment