16/04/2012

Evaluationz; Part 5 - Reminiscing

Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

Let's face it, the preliminary task was bad. To put it bluntly. I've learnt a lot between the preliminary task to evaluating my final piece. The preliminary task was one of the first experiences I'd has of coming up with an idea and making that idea into a short film, and it probably wasn't Oscar winning. I've learnt a lot about the fundamentals of film-making and the story a film tells.

I've learnt a lot about how I work when being a director and what I can do to improve my work and my productivity and therefore other people's productivity on set. I've learnt about editing and what products to use in editing and what is best for my style, or the independent style of the film that I'm looking for.

Overall making the introduction of Four Walls has definitely been a massive learning experience for me, covering pretty much everything there is possible to learn about in film making. Four Walls was really fun shoot, I'm pretty happy with how it looks and definitely how it feels, but I think that it could look even better with more experienced people behind it. I will be sure to return to Four Walls sometime in the future.

Captain's Log, April 16th 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment